Call for NOMINATIONS
Nominations sought for the
Bloch Distinguished Career Award 2021
The Bloch Distinguished Career Award is awarded annually to a scholar researcher who, as an active participant in RECE, has made significant and sustained contributions to reconceptualizing early childhood research, practice, and/or theory at local, national, and/or international levels.
The purpose of the award is twofold: to honor scholars whose work has informed and influenced critical inquiry in
early childhood education and to acknowledge significant contributions to work of RECE in the larger context of educational research, practice, and theory.
- The nominee should be a senior scholar with a strong record of accomplishment as described
- The nominee should be an active or recently active participant in RECE conferences
- Self‐nominations are not accepted.
- At least two letters of nomination stating the basis for the nomination, including a brief outline of nominee’s role in RECE and her/his research and scholarly legacy with explicit connections between this work and critical issues in early childhood education.
- Curriculum vitae
- Additional supporting materials may be included.
Nominations should be sent to Kylie Smith at email@example.com by 30 September 2021
The decision will be made by an Award Review Committee comprised of current RECE members, appointed by the RECE Steering Committee. The recipient will be notified by 30 November 2021.